ArcherPoint Dynamics Developer Digest - vol 109
The NAV community, including the ArcherPoint technical staff—is made up of developers, project managers, and consultants who are constantly communicating, with the common goal of sharing helpful information with one another to help customers be more successful.
As they run into issues and questions, find the answers, and make new discoveries, they post them on blogs, forums, social media...so everyone can benefit. We in Marketing watch these interactions and never cease to be amazed by the creativity, dedication, and brainpower we’re so fortunate to have in this community—so we thought, wouldn’t it be great to share this great information with everyone who might not have the time to check out the multitude of resources out there? So, the ArcherPoint Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer Digest was born. Each week, we present a collection of thoughts and findings from NAV experts and devotees around the world. We hope these insights will benefit you, too.
FedEx Change Prevents Dynamics NAV Users from ShippingFedEx made an unexpected XML change that affects customers running Lanham's FedEx solution in NAV 2009 R2 and previous NAV versions. Customers running NAV 2013 and newer versions should NOT need an update. Lanham’s communication follows: In order to make this update as easy as possible we have created:
- a changelog to help resolve the issue, and
- instructions on how to reopen FedEx packages that have been closed but did not return tracking information.
Vote for Dynamics NAV Product Improvements on Microsoft ConnectSaurav Dhyani posts: There is new functionality in NAV 2016 CU9 and NAV 2015 CU 21, specifically the ability to disable “Save as Word” and Excel in Reports. It has been suggested on Microsoft Connect to improve this. The suggestion is "Add configuration setting for disabling saving reports with an RDLC layout as Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel documents", submitted by Robert Wendler. This is a configuration that applies to the Service Tier, and can only be used if a customer decides that either they want to disable it for all users, or they want it for a specific group of users working on a separate service tier. If you would like to have this feature to be configured per report, please vote for this idea on Microsoft Connect, (login required): https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/feedback/details/2911318
Microsoft Dynamics NAV Cumulative Updates Available
- NAV 2016 Cumulative Update 10 has been released
- NAV 2015 Cumulative Update 22 has been released
- NAV 2013 R2 Cumulative Update 34 has been released
- NAV 2013 Cumulative Update 41 has been released
Leadership:Great thought-provoking information shared by Dan Sass (another HBR article worth reading) Look at business models instead of vertical industries. Four simple ways that companies create growth and value:
- Asset Builders make and sell physical things
- Service Providers use people to offer services
- Technology Creators generate and deliver intellectual property (software and data)
- Network Orchestrators facilitate transactions and interactions within a network
- Login Error: Communication protocol mismatch between client and server
- Creating a Date Table in Power BI
- The Top Eight KPIs Retailers Should Be Tracking (with Formulas) for Your Retail KPI Dashboard
- Difference Between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS And When You Need to Use Them
- How to Set Custom Color Themes in Microsoft Power BI