ArcherPoint Dynamics NAV Developer Digest - vol 69
As they run into issues and questions, find the answers, and make new discoveries, they post them companywide on Yammer for everyone’s benefit. We in Marketing watch these interactions and never cease to be amazed by the creativity, dedication, and brainpower we’re so fortunate to have in this group—so we thought, wouldn’t it be great to share them with the rest of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Community? So, the ArcherPoint Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer Digest was born. Each week, we present a collection of thoughts and findings from the ArcherPoint staff. We hope these insights will benefit you, too.
Dynamics NAV 2016:
Probably the biggest news this week is the release of Dynamics NAV 2016.
New features in the software include:
- The ability to work natively with Azure SQL
- The ability to use NAV on any device: Desktop, tablet, or phone
- Integration with Dynamics CRM
- Optical character recognition and electronic exchange of documents
- Workflow creation to ensure businesses follow industry best practices
- And much more…
On the development side, there are new features as well:
- A new C/AL editor
- Multiple namespaces in XMLPorts
- New function types
- New C/AL statements, functions, and properties
- And more…
If you are interested in NAV development, check out our collection of NAV Development Blogs.
For step-by-step instructions on how to perform specific tasks in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, see our collection of How-To blogs.
If you found this post useful, you might also be interested to read through our archive of the Dynamics NAV Developer Digest.