Dynamics NAV / Business Central Developer Digest - Vol 361
The Developer Digest, which contains contributed content from ArcherPoint developers, is all about Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central development and Dynamics NAV development. In this edition, we talk about the Print to Email function in BC 18, new features in BC 2021, a new BizApps Wiki, and more.
The Dynamics NAV and Business Central community, including the ArcherPoint technical staff, is made up of developers, project managers, and consultants who are constantly communicating, with the common goal of sharing helpful information with one another to help customers be more successful.
As they run into issues and questions, find the answers, and make new discoveries, they post them on blogs, forums, social media...so everyone can benefit. We in Marketing watch these interactions and never cease to be amazed by the creativity, dedication, and brainpower we’re so fortunate to have in this community—so we thought, wouldn’t it be great to share this great information with everyone who might not have the time to check out the multitude of resources out there? So, the ArcherPoint Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer Digest was born. Each week, we present a collection of thoughts and findings from NAV/BC experts and devotees around the world. We hope these insights will benefit you, too.
How to Print to Email in D365 Business Central 18
Kyle shares: “I got Print to Email Printer to work in BC18:
- Enable email on the printer itself. How to do this will be very brand/model specific. I used an HP printer by enabling HP Web Services and then registering the printer email address on hpconnected.com. The remainder of the steps are inside BC18.
- Enable Enhanced Email in Feature Management
- Create Email Account . This is a difficult step because you must configure an SMTP account that does *not* have 2FA or it won't work. I could not get my ArcherPoint or Gmail accounts to work. I ended up testing at a customer site that has a configured SMTP email sender account.
- Printer Management, Email Print, Add an email printer. Enter the printer's email address
- Printer Selections: Pick a test report object number and select the email printer you just created .
- Print the report . You should not receive any type of PDF on screen; the report should go directly to the printer without user intervention .
These steps should work for OnPrem and SaaS.
Some “Light Reading” on New Features in BC 2021 Release Wave 2
Regarding D365BC 2021 Wave 2, Alan L says: “Here is some light reading, if you get the time - New and planned features for Dynamics 365 Business Central, 2021 Release Wave 2 | Microsoft Docs .“
Cumulative Update 18.5 for BC 2021 Release Wave 1 Now Available
Saurav shares his links for download and a summary of Cumulative Update 18.5 for Business Central 2021 Wave 1.
Link to Informative #BCOpenDIscussions Live to Participate
If you haven’t participated in the latest #BCOpenDiscussions live, follow these video links:
- HTTP Calls Using AL Code
- Filtering APIs
- Excel Export and Emails
- Apply Application Cumulative Update
- Apply Platform Cumulative Update
- CAL Upgrade Codeunit
New BizApps Wiki Offers Focused Content On Nearly Any Business Application
A new new BizApps Wiki platform has just been launched. At first, it looks like Wikipedia, but …
In comparison with Wikipedia, it has highly focused content only on business applications (solutions/software) and other related topics. By searching on a business application topic, you can find information on nearly any business application solution, as well as vendors (global and local). You can also find information about partners or the most impactful experts (MVPs or similar).
- Login Error: Communication protocol mismatch between client and server
- Creating a Date Table in Power BI
- The Top Eight KPIs Retailers Should Be Tracking (with Formulas) for Your Retail KPI Dashboard
- The Microsoft Technology Stack – What It Is and Why You Should Care
- Difference Between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS And When You Need to Use Them