Dynamics NAV / Business Central Developer Digest - Vol 370
ArcherPoint's Developer Digest highlights Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central development and Dynamics NAV development. In Developer Digest Volume 370, we discuss updates to Azure Resource Management templates, following standards for the No. field in BC, details on enhancements in BC 2021 Wave 2, and more.
The Dynamics NAV and Business Central community, including the ArcherPoint technical staff, is made up of developers, project managers, and consultants who are constantly communicating, with the common goal of sharing helpful information with one another to help customers be more successful.
As they run into issues and questions, find the answers, and make new discoveries, they post them on blogs, forums, social media...so everyone can benefit. We in Marketing watch these interactions and never cease to be amazed by the creativity, dedication, and brainpower we’re so fortunate to have in this community—so we thought, wouldn’t it be great to share this great information with everyone who might not have the time to check out the multitude of resources out there?
So, the ArcherPoint Microsoft Dynamics NAV/BC Developer Digest was born. Each week, we present a collection of thoughts and findings from NAV/BC experts and devotees around the world. We hope these insights will benefit you, too.
An Update to Azure Resource Management Templates
There are several updates to the ARM templates to be aware of. Configurable container name, Docker engine, Windows server support, just in time Traefik images, new VM sizes, and more are covered in Freddy’s blog, An Update to the ARM Templates.
Following Standards for the No. Field in Business Central
In Kris’ My NAV Blog post, the discussion in Small Three Dots but Change a Lot, Few Words About the Number Field on the Page is around apps on AppSource that are not following the standard Business Central pattern. Get Kris’ take on how to best develop when using the number field.
Using the Tree View in Business Central
The tree view page property is something you don’t usually see in Business Central. The Business Central Geek walks you through a use case for tree views with a Sales Panel Tree View.
Business Central SaaS: APIs and Data Access Intent
Stefano Demiliani delves deeper into the benefits of replicating a read-only version of your Business Central online (SaaS) database. Learn the performance benefits of using the ReadOnly access intent setting in Demiliani’s Dynamics 365 Business Central APIs and Data Access Intent.
Dive into MSD365BC 2021 Release Wave 2 Improvements
ArcherPoint’s Saurav Dhyani is a Microsoft MVP who makes it his business to know the details of every Business Central release. Since the release of BC 2021 Wave 2 in October, Saurav has written a series of blogs that dive into specific improvements and enhancements. Visit Saurav Dhyani - #MSDynNAV & #MSDyn365bc to learn more about these enhancements and more:
- Enhancements to the Outlook add-in
- Word templates as body or attachment
- Enhancements to Microsoft Teams integration
- AL access to viewing and sharing files in OneDrive
- More control over currency exchange rate adjustment
- Protect the Business Central server against excessive background sessions for an environment
- Enable or disable Item References from Inventory Setup
- Decimal separator Match Region Settings
- Share a record link to Microsoft Teams
- Remove obsolete reports 204, 205, 206, and 207
- OData callers can specify read-only intent in GET requests
- Job queue entries are more resilient toward failures
- Performance – partial records
- New automation API to create user groups Permission
- Chart of accounts overview
- List of trusted apps
- Transactional installation and sync of extensions on-premises
- Enhancement in Posting Preview
- Discovering reports and administration areas in Role Explorer
- Enhancement in account schedules
- Edit in Excel
- Fields exposed in base application
- Use new templates with same flexibility as configuration templates
NOTE: Customers can create a preview environment to preview new features and test for any conflicts between their customizations and the latest update.
Find more comprehensive release notes from Microsoft at What's new and planned for Dynamics 365 Business Central. To see features that have been moved, removed, or replaced in this release, visit Deprecated Features in W1.
View the Business Central 2021 Wave 2 Launch Event on demand.
Interested in Dynamics NAV and/or Business Central development? Be sure to see our collection of NAV/BC Development Blogs.
Read "How To" blogs from ArcherPoint for practical advice on using Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Login Error: Communication protocol mismatch between client and server
- Creating a Date Table in Power BI
- How to Make Measures Total Correctly in Power BI Tables
- The Microsoft Technology Stack – What It Is and Why You Should Care
- The Top Eight KPIs Retailers Should Be Tracking (with Formulas) for Your Retail KPI Dashboard