Microsoft Office 365 Editions and Subscriptions Change Names
Effective April 21, 2020, our good friend Office 365 has a new name: Microsoft 365. Microsoft has made this change to make it clearer to partners and customers what is offered with each version, making it easier to choose the package right for you.
What Are the New Names for the Tools in Microsoft 365?
Essentials, Premium, and Business editions are now called Basic, Standard, and Premium. Subscription offers are now Microsoft 365 Apps for Business OR Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise. Figure 1 provides a more detailed explanation of these name changes:
Figure 1 – Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) name changes to Microsoft 365 Business / Apps
Are There Any Changes to Pricing or Features in Microsoft 365?
There are no current planned changes in pricing or features—just name changes. Figure 2 explains what’s included in each version:
Figure 2 – Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) Package Features, Included Apps
Microsoft Stores Are Closed for Now But Are Offering Assistance to Those Transitioning to WFH
Like many others, our Microsoft Store locations are temporarily closed and have had to implement a new, remote model to provide customer service. They are doing just that and are offering resources to help you make the transition to remote work as smooth as possible. Here are a few ways Microsoft can support your business:
- Free, remote training workshops for businesses and documentation with quick start guides for both Microsoft 365 Business Standard and Microsoft Teams.
- Try Microsoft 365 Business Standard Premium for 30 Days – Get work done, all while helping protect and grow your business with Microsoft 365. Collaborate in real time with professional email, online storage, and teamwork tools that are always up to date and help keep your data safe.
- Try Microsoft Teams for Free – Download the Teams app to get free, unlimited chat, video calling, file sharing, storage, and more.
- Try the Office Mobile App – Download the Office Mobile app on iOS and Android for enhanced remote work and collaboration capabilities.
- Empower Small Business with remote work tools
For more information on the name changes, read this Microsoft blog post.
To learn about how you can work with ArcherPoint to take advantage of Microsoft 365 tools, Azure, or Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, contact us.