Power BI in Brief – October 2019
Each month, we gather top headlines in the Power BI world to bring you this Brief to keep you informed, educated, and prepared to take advantage of its ever-expanding capabilities. If you have any questions or want to see what Power BI can do for your organization, contact the Power BI experts at ArcherPoint.
Power BI updates at the Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event
The Microsoft business applications virtual launch event gives attendees a first look at the latest Power BI has to offer including:
- A unified BI platform, big analytics, and pervasive artificial intelligence
- New artificial intelligence capabilities that require no code
- Petabyte-scale analytics that make Power BI and Microsoft Azure a dynamic duo
- Intuitive experiences deeply integrated with Microsoft Office 365 to provide self-service analytics to everyone
- The ability to create a global, governed, scalable, secure, unified BI platform for both self-service and centralized BI
Template Apps Update Now Available
Template apps update capabilities are now available. After downloading and connecting a template app from AppSource, Power BI Pro or Premium users can update the app while preserving the configuration of the connection. By updating the template app, you get the latest reports and dashboards created by the author.
Power BI Report Server September 2019 Feature Summary
The September release of Power BI Report Server includes visual level filters for slicers, Icon sets, grouping for visuals, new default themes, and an updated design, a new filtering experience, and more conditional formatting options. Learn more about the release.
- Login Error: Communication protocol mismatch between client and server
- Creating a Date Table in Power BI
- The Top Eight KPIs Retailers Should Be Tracking (with Formulas) for Your Retail KPI Dashboard
- Difference Between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS And When You Need to Use Them
- How to Set Custom Color Themes in Microsoft Power BI