June 3, 2016
Storing Purchase Documents in Dynamics NAV 2016
It can’t be that easy … But with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, it can be! I just ran across a feature that really amazed me because of how easy it is, so I want to tell everyone. The feature is storing documents attached to Purchase Orders and Invoices. In previous blog, I demonstrated how to use the OCR service to help reduce mistakes with Accounts Payable data entry, and I ran across this simple solution to storing documents in NAV 2016. In some instances, you will have Invoices and Purchase Orders in which you may want to easily access documents that pertain to them. These might be sales tax returns that you want to associate with the Invoice that paid them, or documents about materials on a PO that might need quick reference, or a business process where you store requests to review and validate. There are a number of potential situations that might require you to store documents with Purchase Orders or Purchase Invoices. This blog discusses how you can use this feature, and how it can make your life easier using NAV 2016. You too will be saying, “It can’t be that easy!”
Instructions for storing documents
- Open a Purchase order in NAV and show the Fact Box for “Incoming Document Files.”
- Open a Purchase order and click the “Attach File” button on the Incoming Document Fact Box.
- Navigate to the file that you want to Store in NAV and hit the Open Button.
- To view the document, simply click “View File.”
- Login Error: Communication protocol mismatch between client and server
- Creating a Date Table in Power BI
- The Top Eight KPIs Retailers Should Be Tracking (with Formulas) for Your Retail KPI Dashboard
- Difference Between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS And When You Need to Use Them
- How to Set Custom Color Themes in Microsoft Power BI