User Group Focus Event Recap
The second annual User Group Focus conference is in the books. Here’s what went down for the two days ArcherPoint was there for NAVUG and PBIUG conference.
Users took deep dives into topics for NAV developers, administrators, and CFO/Controllers. The favorites I heard about were:
- Ask the Experts
- Forward to the Future
- Are Your Users Happy with Dynamics NAV?
- Standard Costing for Manufacturers
- BFFs with SSRS
- Show Me the Money
NAV users also valued the many upgrade sessions and learned from others what to expect in their own upgrade projects.
We commonly hear from the users that networking and hearing from others that are in the same situation they are in, or are about to be in, continues to be the most valuable component of the user group events. Focus 2017 is no exception.
And as always, Microsoft helped with the session content. Our two favorite “Toms” were there to impart their wisdom. I captured them conversing before the show ended.
Figure 1 - Tom Blaisdell and Tom Taylor from Microsoft, two Dynamics NAV powerhouses
Attendees and sponsors were in for a treat as they enjoyed the surroundings of the beautiful Union Station Hotel in St. Louis. The evening light shows in the lobby bar were especially entertaining.
Figure 2 - Beautiful St. Louis Union Station Hotel
Fun at Focus 2017
It’s always special to get to meet with our clients, partners, and Dynamics Communities; everyone has a part in making events like Focus happen. We had a fun catching up with old friends and making new introductions. We even attempted to try out Per Mogensen’s Hololens between sessions.
Figure 3 – Learning from Per (Easy Security) how to use the Microsoft Hololens
Accessing the Focus 2017 Session Presentations
For those of you that did attend, here’s how to access the session presentations:
- Login to the Focus event portal
- Click on Event from the main menu and select “Session Materials”
- Select the appropriate folder from the list
- Once you navigate to the session you are interested in, double click on it
- Click the Download button
Lastly, don’t forget to complete your session evaluations as soon as possible! This information is invaluable in planning future event sessions and speakers.
If you missed out on Focus 2017, consider attending next year. I’m looking forward to next year, and seeing you at Summit this October. Save 10% using the discount code PRPARCHERPOINT
- Login Error: Communication protocol mismatch between client and server
- Creating a Date Table in Power BI
- How to Make Measures Total Correctly in Power BI Tables
- The Microsoft Technology Stack – What It Is and Why You Should Care
- The Top Eight KPIs Retailers Should Be Tracking (with Formulas) for Your Retail KPI Dashboard