ArcherPoint Dynamics NAV Developer Digest - vol 214
The NAV community, including the ArcherPoint technical staff, is made up of developers, project managers, and consultants who are constantly communicating, with the common goal of sharing helpful information with one another to help customers be more successful.
As they run into issues and questions, find the answers, and make new discoveries, they post them on blogs, forums, social media…so everyone can benefit. We in Marketing watch these interactions and never cease to be amazed by the creativity, dedication, and brainpower we’re so fortunate to have in this community—so we thought, wouldn’t it be great to share this great information with everyone who might not have the time to check out the multitude of resources out there? So, the ArcherPoint Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer Digest was born. Each week, we present a collection of thoughts and findings from NAV experts and devotees around the world. We hope these insights will benefit you, too.
Event Recorder in Dynamics 365 Business Central
Matt T shares, “A nice, quick blog from Stefano about the Event Recorder. Just further proves, in my opinion, that you won’t be seeing base code come the semi-near future. I think we’re still a couple of years out, though.” Check out Stefano Demiliani’s Dynamics 365 Business Central: Using the Event Recorder for Developing article.
“Git” Going with Extensions
From the Dynamics NAV Team Blog, “Git” Going with Extensions is a follow up to the announcement of the ALAppExtensions repository on Github, a place to collaborate and develop extensions in the AL language for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. This article is a step-by-step walkthrough of setting up your environment, cloning a repository, opening the Extension in the sandbox, working with a repository, and submitting changes to a GitHub project.
Prism Version 2.5.0
Suresh offers, “Here is the download link for Prism 2.5.0 version, if anyone wants to try it out.
This release includes the following changes:
- ID-868 Feature: Allows user to save default filters in result window of ‘Find Usages’ of fields
- ID-873 Feature: New virtual tables and fields added to auto-generation, e.g. DataClassification on virtual Field table
- ID-869 Feature: Changed name of newest mirror to ‘NAV 2015 and later’ to indicate that NAV 2018 is also supported
- ID-874 Feature: Mirror setup. When database server or name changes, blank service tier fields, so user can reselect
- ID-882 Feature: Find usages of named return parameter enabled in user interface
- ID-884 Feature: Support for new variable types DataClassification and Verbosity
- ID-885 Feature: Support for new Business Central type NotificationScope (and general parser change to accept any new simple types)
- ID-863 Bug fix: Display and some analysis of objects with multi-dimensional arrays of complex types fails when syntax mda[x][y] is used
- ID-883 Bug fix: Mirror sync error due to corrupted mirror status file
- ID-862 Bug fix: Up-to-date check says up-to-date even when version is out-dated
- ID-824 Bug fix: Log included in feedback is not the tail of the log
- ID-876 Bug fix: Names in Editable property of report request pages are not analyzed
- ID-877 Bug fix: Logging – nothing gets logged