Dynamics NAV / Business Central Developer Digest - Vol 357
Developer Digest is dedicated to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central development and Dynamics NAV development. In this edition, we shine the spotlight on Business Central 2021 Release Wave 2.
The Dynamics NAV and Business Central community, including the ArcherPoint technical staff, is made up of developers, project managers, and consultants who are constantly communicating, with the common goal of sharing helpful information with one another to help customers be more successful.
As they run into issues and questions, find the answers, and make new discoveries, they post them on blogs, forums, social media…so everyone can benefit. We in Marketing watch these interactions and never cease to be amazed by the creativity, dedication, and brainpower we’re so fortunate to have in this community—so we thought, wouldn’t it be great to share this great information with everyone who might not have the time to check out the multitude of resources out there? So, the ArcherPoint Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer Digest was born. Each week, we present a collection of thoughts and findings from NAV/BC experts and devotees around the world. We hope these insights will benefit you, too.
What’s Planned for Microsoft 365 Business Central 2021 Release Wave 2
Saurav asks: “My favorites are bolded. Which ones were you waiting for? “
David K responds: “Bulk coupling for records is HUGE.“
What are you excited about? Let us know!
- Add additional columns through personalization in various pages to gain more insight
- Add non-inventory items on requisition and planning worksheets
- Bank and payment reconciliations
- AL compiler diagnostic messages include URLs
- Force sync of customer-specific extensions in online environments
- Generated documentation for AL language
- Profiling AL performance with Snapshot Debugger
- Richer access control for extension source in cloud environments
- Transactional installing and syncing extensions on-premises
Governance and Administration
- Manage access to environments using Azure Active Directory groups
- Copying environments of different types
- Operations log enhancements
- Restarting environments
Microsoft Power Platform
- Unhindered data entry across rows
- Performance improvements to the Business Central web client
- Usability improvements to the Business Central web client
- Discovering reports and administration areas in Role Explorer
- Support for localized decimal separator on numeric keypads
Service and Platform
- ODATA Read-only intent
- Protect the Business Central Server against excessive background sessions for an environment.
Better with Microsoft 365
- Enhancements to Microsoft Teams integration
- Centralized Deployment of Office add-ins
- Enhancements to the Outlook add-in
- Enhancements to working with Microsoft Excel
- Share a record link to Microsoft Teams
- AL API for sharing files in Microsoft 365
Country and Regional
- New countries/regions- Argentina, Bulgaria, Chile, Myanmar, Puerto Rico, Slovakia, Ukraine
Learn more about Business Central 2021 Release Wave 2.