What Do Yoga and Microsoft Dynamics NAV Have in Common?
If you’re reading this, that means you’re staring at your computer (or phone or tablet), right? OK. Step away from the screen. Stand up. If you’re wearing shoes, kick ‘em off—close your eyes (if you choose) and just take a moment to check out where the weight is in your feet. Do a quick scan of your body from bottom to top and ask yourself a few questions:
- Is there more weight in one foot or the other?
- Can you even feel your feet?
- Check in with your breath. Is it slow, fast, easy, difficult?
- What do you notice?
In addition to working for ArcherPoint, I’m a yoga instructor, and this is how I start all of my yoga classes. Checking in with the body. Noticing where the tension is, so you have more awareness of when there is ease in those areas of tension.
The same can be done for your business.
Going through a Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) engagement—whether it’s a new implementation, reimplementation, upgrade, or other—is like checking in with the body. You have to consider the following for your business:
- Where are the bottlenecks?
- Where do the business processes and/or data need to be cleaned up?
- What is missing?
- What is working for you?
- What does your business need?
And the crucial question—like checking in with your breath—is asking why. To help your business run better—more effectively, more productively, more accurately—it’s important to know and understand the current state, but what does its future state look like? Where do you want to take your business? What tools will help your business perform better?
I practice yoga to help keep my body functioning (and hopefully healthy now and in the future). Learning where an imbalance or tension occurs and discovering what poses help ease it helps me find balance. I teach yoga with the hope of bringing this knowledge and level of body awareness to others in hopes of helping bring balance and a healthy current and future state to their lives.
Still wondering what does yoga has to do with NAV?
On a technical level, not much. But on a philosophical level, just like yoga can help bring balance to our personal world, NAV can help bring balance to your business.
To learn more about how NAV can help your business find balance, contact ArcherPoint.
- Login Error: Communication protocol mismatch between client and server
- Creating a Date Table in Power BI
- The Top Eight KPIs Retailers Should Be Tracking (with Formulas) for Your Retail KPI Dashboard
- Difference Between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS And When You Need to Use Them
- How to Set Custom Color Themes in Microsoft Power BI