Budget Software Can Make the Process Smoother
As we are all likely in the throes of annual budgeting, now is a great time to think about how we get the budgeting job done. Often a time-consuming and painful process, the budgeting process is a necessary evil…but it doesn’t have to be.
Many companies are still using manual processes, prone to miscalculations, lack of control and consistency, and wasted time due to human error and dependence on disparate spreadsheets. This leads to more pain during budgeting season and can cause large variances when your actual financial results become available, resulting in potential cash flow problems.
If this sounds familiar, then it’s time to consider adding a budgeting system to your business toolbox so you can create a streamlined process for everyone involved in your budgeting activities.
Good Budgeting Needs Control, Consistency, and Communication
Adding in elements of control, consistency, and communication can cut your budget exercise effort, improve financial performance, and allow for better informed decisions with more accurate data.
Any budgeting software should provide:
- Integration with your general ledger and ERP system
- Scheduled and automated workflows
- The ability to reassess and adjust budgets
- Allow collaboration with the entire budget team
- Deliver accurate plans and financial forecasts
Ideally, it should also be easy to set up and use.
Introducing Jet Budgets
There is a new player in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central budgeting arena: Jet Budgets. On October 1, Jet Global released Jet Budgets to round out its business analytics and reporting solutions. Learn more from Jet on how accurate budgeting is the key to bottom line performance or check out Jet Budgets product information from ArcherPoint.
You can also learn more about ArcherPoint’s budgeting process in our blog, an Insider’s View to the Future of Budgeting.
If you’re ready to explore how your company can streamline your budgeting process, contact ArcherPoint today to get the conversation started.
- Login Error: Communication protocol mismatch between client and server
- Creating a Date Table in Power BI
- The Top Eight KPIs Retailers Should Be Tracking (with Formulas) for Your Retail KPI Dashboard
- Difference Between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS And When You Need to Use Them
- The Microsoft Technology Stack – What It Is and Why You Should Care