July 18, 2014
Step by Step - Debugging the NAV 2009 RTC
Not too long ago, one of my customers had an issue with the RTC that we needed to debug. Instead of using the Visual Studio debugger, this customer was used to reproducing the problem in the Classic client, and debug the process there. The perception was that running the Visual Studio debugger was very difficult, and they would not be able to read the C# code. I showed them how easy it is to enable the debugger, and how the C/AL code is always part of the C# code in the form of comments. As I was talking to folks at NAVUG Forum and Convergence, I was very surprised to hear that even seasoned NAV professionals are still not using the Visual Studio tools. The information about how to use the debugger is available here in MSDN online, and it has been discussed many times in the online forums. Since I'm a visual learner, I decided to make a YouTube clip that shows you how to enable the Service Tier for debugging, and how to attach the Visual Studio debugger to the server process.
- Login Error: Communication protocol mismatch between client and server
- Creating a Date Table in Power BI
- The Top Eight KPIs Retailers Should Be Tracking (with Formulas) for Your Retail KPI Dashboard
- Difference Between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS And When You Need to Use Them
- The Microsoft Technology Stack – What It Is and Why You Should Care