Upgrading from Microsoft Dynamics NAV to Business Central How Much Will It Cost
We love Microsoft Dynamics NAV here at ArcherPoint, but we also love what we’re seeing in Business Central and strongly urge our customers to plan for an upgrade as soon as your schedule and budget permit. But there are so many questions and frankly, a lot of misinformation out there about moving from NAV to Business Central, and we have already had significant experience with these upgrades, so we created a blog series and an eBook to help you navigate through the noise. We answer the most frequently asked questions we hear from our customers so you can be confident in your decisions regarding when, why, and how you should upgrade.
Read the first five blogs in this series:
Question #6 : How Much Will This Upgrade Cost?
There are several variables that must be considered before we can answer this question, such as:
- When was the last time you upgraded your version of NAV?
- What version of NAV are you running?
- How many customizations do you have?
- How many ISV products are you using? Which ones?
- How large is your database?
Your answers to these and other questions will determine how much time and money the upgrade will take. When you discuss moving NAV to Business Central with your upgrade partner, provide as much detail as possible so they can accurately assess the time and cost of the project.
Remember, though, that upgrading NAV to Business Central should be viewed as an investment, one that will pay rich dividends for you once you complete the process.
Upgrades help you stay in compliance with business rules and regulations, provide increased security to protect your users and your company’s data, and can help eliminate the cost of additional software that has been incorporated into the base product.
But the real value of upgrading comes when all your customizations and third-party add-ons have been converted to Events and Extensions. Once that process has been completed, all future upgrades will be fast, less complicated, and very affordable.
Given all the advantages of getting on the latest version of Business Central, about the only reason holding you back would be the cost.
If upgrading from your current version of NAV to Business Central sounds like a good idea, but you’re concerned about the cost of getting there, ArcherPoint can help by offering you two valuable services:
- A free upgrade quote with a guaranteed fixed-fee price, with no strings attached, and
- The ArcherPoint Stay Current Plan
The ArcherPoint Get Current, Stay Current Plan
The ArcherPoint Stay Current Plan is a fixed-fee plan that lets you makes monthly payments to:
- Get current, stay current
- Have unlimited upgrades
- Get everything in C/AL converted to AL
- Get your customizations moved out of base objects
- Have access to a 24/7 Project Team to ensure the quickest turnaround possible
The Plan also includes:
- Unlimited cumulative updates
- ISV-only upgrades
- NAV system audit
- Help with add-on/ISV conversion/integration
- All services to provide a turnkey upgrade of your NAV system
The Stay Current Plan set a fixed price that spans over the time of the contract (3 years, for example), so you can budget for all upgrades during the life of the subscription. We take on the risk of technology changes; you pay one price. In addition, as you continue with future upgrades, the price drops dramatically with each upgrade.
Find out more about the ArcherPoint Stay Current Plan, or contact us at: 1-866-711-4316.
We strongly encourage you to look to your Dynamics upgrade partner for help with deciding on your path to upgrading from NAV to BC. There are many considerations, but if you have a partner who understands the upgrade process and work closely with them on where you are now and where you want to be, the upgrade does not have to be painful. Also, talk to us about upgrade subscription from ArcherPoint. This takes the burden off your shoulders and puts it into the hands of the experts.
In the next blog in this series, we’ll discuss what future upgrades will look like once you complete the move to Business Central.
To learn more answers to your upgrade questions, download this free eBook, Upgrading from Microsoft Dynamics NAV to Business Central: Everything You Always Wanted to Know…but Didn’t Know to Ask.
- Login Error: Communication protocol mismatch between client and server
- Creating a Date Table in Power BI
- The Top Eight KPIs Retailers Should Be Tracking (with Formulas) for Your Retail KPI Dashboard
- Difference Between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS And When You Need to Use Them
- How to Set Custom Color Themes in Microsoft Power BI