ArcherPoint Dynamics NAV Developer Digest - vol 286
Cumulative Updates for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics NAVHere are the latest update links:
- Cumulative Update 15.4 for Business Central 2019 Wave 2
- Cumulative Update 15 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018
- Cumulative Update 28 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017
- Cumulative Update 41 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016
- Cumulative Update 53 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015
The Impact of Microsoft Dynamics Business Central on Dynamics NAV Resellers
It has much to do with the ability for developers to make the shift, according to Mark Brummel in his post, Business Central; Developers, Developers, Developers.
Taking a Deep Dive into AL
ArcherPoint’s Divyesh Chitte has posted a series of blogs that take a deep dive into AL, developing functionality using VS Code to write an extension for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. You can start with the first post, Customer Requirements for AL Development for MSDYN365BC and find links to the rest of the series there.
Dependency Propagation in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
Stefano Dmiliani has shared about a new “proxy app” introduced with D365BC version 15.3 that uses a new property called propagateDependencies. Learn more about this new application and property in the post, Dynamics 365 Business Central: Something More About Dependency Propagation.
Bringing Smartness to Business Central Using Queries
Steven Renders offers the use of queries to help improve performance in Business Central and make it even smarter with a smaller footprint. Read his post on Using the Power of Queries to Bring Some Smartness into Business Central for all the details.
Exchange Server and Microsoft Dynamics NAV
The Navteam has been testing Exchange Server 2019 with Dynamics NAV and has announced compatibility findings in their post, Exchange Server and Dynamics NAV. Check it out!
Developer Joke of the Day
Kyle shares this:
Why do developers like dark mode?
Because light attracts bugs.
If you are interested in Dynamics NAV and Business Central development, be sure to see our collection of NAV/BC Development Blogs. Read the "How To" blogs from ArcherPoint for practical advice on using Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Login Error: Communication protocol mismatch between client and server
- Creating a Date Table in Power BI
- The Top Eight KPIs Retailers Should Be Tracking (with Formulas) for Your Retail KPI Dashboard
- Difference Between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS And When You Need to Use Them
- The Microsoft Technology Stack – What It Is and Why You Should Care